We Plant One Tree For Every Board We Sell
We believe Maple is the best material for skateboards. Unfortunately that means removing maple trees from the environment. To give back to the environment we have decided that for every skateboard we sell, we plant a tree. One tree produces at least 60 boards. So with our program, one tree will turn into at least 60 new trees planted. We are excited about what we can accomplish together. When you buy one of our boards, know that you are making a difference and improving the environment for future generations to enjoy.
We have partnered with organizations who are making a positive impact not only through planting trees but through education and empowering communities on proper forestry practices.
We chose Eden Projects because they focus on countries where extreme deforestation has not only affected the ecosystem but has destroyed the local economy as well. The Eden Projects plants trees where trees are desperately needed and employs the local community to plant these trees. This creates jobs, educates locals and leads to sustainable forestry and farming practices for generations to come. We are proud to be working with an organization that will not only help reverse deforestation but directly fight poverty in communities who are greatly affected by deforestation. They plant in: Ethiopia, Madagascar, Haiti and Nepal.
We have chosen to partner with Tree Canada because they are a Canadian Based organization who focus on the country where we source most of our trees for production. They have already planted millions of trees in both urban and rural Canada. We have created a unique program with Tree Canada and our efforts with them will focus on planting Maple Trees in southern Ontario. These trees will be planted in areas near where we hand choose our Maple trees for our Maple Skateboards. Tree Canada will ensure that Maples are planted in areas where they can thrive for years to come.
Priceless Farms Ltd
After years of poor forestry practices, deforestation has become a huge problem in Uganda. Priceless Farms is trying to change this by introducing proper practices and leading by example. We chose Priceless Farms as one of our partners because we have a close relationship with the founder so we know our dollars are going directly to helping the problem. After travelling to Uganda, Tom, one of the founders of Landyachtz, has seen first hand the positive social and environment impacts Priceless Farms is having.
- Trees directly combat climate change by turning Carbon Dioxide into Oxygen.
- Trees help prevent water pollution by adding to ecosystems, preventing erosion and filtering water ways.
- Trees Provide Community. They live way longer than we do and will be around for future generations to enjoy.
- Trees are renewable, biodegradable and reusable. They can be used to create green modes of transportation like skateboards, build homes or be used as fuel to cook with.
- Planting trees will help ensure a healthy planet for generations of skateboarders to explore.
- Planting trees greatly offsets deforestation which directly effects global climate change.
- Trees provide food and habitat for the animals we share this plant with.
- Trees has a positive impact on society. They give us places to explore and reflect, meet up with our friends and escape the daily grind of urban life.
- Trees provide wood and foster an industry based job market, which has positive global economic impacts.